The Benefits of Buying Refurbished Electronics For Your Business
Is it worth buying refurbished electronics for your business? There are many advantages to buying refurbished rather than new electronics, but many organizations may still be hesitant to make the transition.
More and more businesses are choosing to purchase refurbished electronics for a variety of reasons. Whereas brand new smartphones, laptops and computers are being released at high price points every year, many businesses are complaining that the cost simply isn’t justified due to planned obsolescence and the relatively short lifespans of newer devices.
For many businesses looking to cut operating costs without sacrificing productivity, refurbished electronics may be among the best alternatives. There are many other valid reasons to choose refurbished, which is partly why the demand for these devices has skyrocketed in recent years.
While there are certain advantages to buying new, the quality gap has gotten much narrower and as a consequence, many businesses are reaping the benefits of procuring refurbished devices with little to no downsides.
What Does “Refurbished Electronics” Mean?
First and foremost, it’s important to differentiate between used and second-hand electronics and refurbished. For the latter, it’s often easy enough to find used and second-hand laptops, cell phones, and other tech gadgets at great prices online or in your local classifieds. These devices often suffer from a complete lack of quality control, no warranty protection, or they may even be completely inoperable with no recourse from the seller.
Refurbished, on the other hand, means that the device has been restored to a functional state by the seller. The reputation of the seller remains important, however. A reputable refurbishment center may sell laptops, cell phones, and/or desktop computers at great prices while also offering guarantees and warranties.
Is it Really Worth it to Buy Refurbished Electronics for a Business?
The short answer is yes, refurbished electronics are really worth buying in terms of value for price, quality, and product availability. This does come with a caveat emptor, however, in that the refurbished product supplier should be reputable and reliable.
In terms of price, new cell phones and other electronics simply can’t compete with refurbished ones. It’s been estimated that the average cost of refurbished electronics can be as low as one-third of the price of brand new electronics for each employee. Reducing costs by two-thirds for the procurement of IT assets is nothing short of significant for most businesses, and this value only scales up for larger organizations with perhaps hundreds or thousands of IT assets in their inventories.
In terms of adoption, the USA and North America are leading the way in used smartphone sales. From 2019-2024, the estimated CAGR of used smartphone sales is estimated to be around 14.9%, giving used and refurbished phones a little over a quarter of the total market share.
Where Can Businesses Buy Reliable Refurbished Electronics?
If you’re wondering where to buy refurbished electronics for your business, you may be overwhelmed by the amount of choice available on the market. While competition is good for the market and can keep prices competitive, quality and security remain important considerations for businesses looking to procure refurbished devices.
A good reputation is therefore critical, as is a strong commitment to data security. Refurbished devices must be completely wiped and reformatted with no risk of malware, keyloggers, or other data security flaws present, which is why purchasing refurbished electronics from an ITAD Company is a great way to ensure data security.
Moreover, businesses benefit from purchasing from specialists in IT Asset Disposition because it’s far easier to purchase large quantities of IT assets for an organization. The Wisetek Market is Wisetek’s solution for refurbished laptops, cell phones, desktops, and accessories. Our products are sold ‘as new’ with comprehensive warranties, superb discounts, and optional warranties beyond the standard 12-month warranty. All products are also 100% sustainable, in line with our Zero Landfill Policy.
Newer is Not Always Better
New electronics are not always better than refurbished; in fact, many new smartphones come with faults, defects, and kinks that need to be ironed out with firmware updates or newer models. Nevertheless, manufacturers sell these products at high price points for the novelty and privilege of owning new.
For many private individuals and businesses alike, owning refurbished gives far better access to devices that have been tried and tested, all at far lower prices than buying new. In these cases, some devices are more reliable when refurbished than brand new models.
Benefits of Buying Refurbished vs New Electronics
Below are some key benefits of buying refurbished electronics from the Wisetek Market:
- Cost Savings: businesses save big when buying refurbished. Generally, businesses can expect to save anywhere up to around 80% when buying refurbished compared to new. Even a liberal estimate of two-thirds would yield significant savings.
- Product Warranties: buying refurbished doesn’t mean you have to forego product warranties. Wisetek Market offers a comprehensive 12-month warranty on all products, as well as optional extended warranties.
- Replacement Parts & Components: refurbished devices often have greater availability for replacement parts and components, and the cost of effecting repairs tends to be lower as a consequence.
- Data Security: one of the biggest reasons why refurbished is not the same as second-hand electronics is that a reputable remarketing platform such as the Wisetek Market fully and thoroughly renders all refurbished products in an ‘as new’ state. There are many risks regarding data security for redundant IT assets, which we’ve written about in our five best practices for redundant IT assets.
- 100% Sustainable: with global chip supply shortages and a growing e-waste crisis, more sustainable options for tech are always desirable. Wisetek is a pioneer of the Circular Economy for IT assets and our Wisetek Market only offers refurbished products that are 100% sustainable. Reduce e-waste, help the environment, and save money all at the same time with refurbished devices from the Wisetek Market.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR): ITAD helps your CSR strategy by providing solutions to e-waste, improving your organization’s environmental stewardship, and increasing sustainability. All of these can fit squarely within an organization’s CSR strategy.
Purchase Refurbished Tech at the Wisetek Market
As a pioneer of the circular economy for IT assets, Wisetek is committed to reducing e-waste and refurbishing and remarketing redundant IT assets for private individuals and business enterprises in the United States and around the world.
Save money on high-quality refurbished electronics at the Wisetek Market and enjoy 100% sustainable laptops, cell phones, desktop computers and more.
We also provide a full range of ITAD services for clients in the United States and worldwide, such as Data Destruction and Hard Drive Disposal as well as Data Center Services, including Data Center Decommissioning.
Get in touch with our team today and visit the Wisetek Market to find affordable, quality refurbished IT assets for your business.
You might also be interested in the following articles: